City-State of Dire
The following Races are permitted, along with house rules pertaining to each race:
Ability Requirements: None.
Ability Maximums: None.
Ability Adjustments: +1 to any one stat (18 maximum).
- Though humans have no ability requirements, they never have a beginning ability score of less than 5. After rolling their 4th die for their abilities, raise any score of 3 or 4 to 5.
- Humans gain a +1 to any ability score of their choice.
Ability Requirements: 8 Strength, 11 Constitution.
Ability Maximums: 17 Strength, 17 Dexterity
Ability Adjustments: +1 Constitution, -1 Dexterity
- Dwarves have all the abilities from the PHB save for the following.
- Dwarves must be lawful. Dwarves have a very rigid nature and are incapable of being of non-lawful alignment.
- Dwarves do not have a 20% magical malfuntion chance.
- Dwarves do not have infravision.
- Dwarves gain the blind-fighting proficiency for free.
Ability Requirements: 6 Dexterity, 7 Constitution, 8 Intelligence, 15 Charisma
Ability Maximums: 17 Strength
Ability Adjustments: +1 Dexterity, -1 Constitution
- Elves are as presented in the PHB, save for below:
- All elves must be a member of the elf class. If multi-classed, one of the character’s classes must be elf.
- All elves must be true neutral.
- Elves do not receive infravision. However, elves have sharp vision and can see twice as far as humans in low-light conditions.
- Elves do not gain a +1 to attack rolls with long swords or short swords.
Ability Requirements: 7 Dexterity, 10 Constitution, 6 Wisdom
Ability Maximums: 15 Strength
Ability Adjustments: +1 Wisdom, -1 Strength